A Beginning @ La Fite, Shangri-La




It's been a while since I've posted something, well, I think this is the post where I'm going to update really frequently, being in the orthopaedic posting means that I've all the time in the world to do this (don't worry baby, nanti you'll be relaxing pulak and I'll suffer). Our visit to La Fite was a momentous occassion. It was a place I was really excited about and really wanted to bring Hanan, to have a new beginning in our relationship. And the whole night was made perfect by the excellent service by the staff there, they treated us like kings and queens of the night. But of course, the food was the main thing that made us excited. Great food, beautiful environment, and a beautiful and graceful soulmate next to me, it couldn't be anymore perfect than that. Well, we had this dinner on the 19th of August last year (remember that sayang!!), so it's been awhile. Nevertheless the memory of that night will always be so fresh in my mind.

My beautiful angel


Me trying to look suave for you, :p








Well, we decided that we would share some of the dishes. We're not heavy eaters exactly, so we just ordered what excited us the most. And looking at the menu, there were quite a few so it was hard to choose. We opted out of the Explorer's menu because we thought that it would be quite alot for us to handle, so we chose ala carte.



Of course, first the complimentary bread and butter. Amazing tasting bread, warm and the butter was just delicious but I just couldn't remember what it was (dammit).



For starters we ordered the Inside-out Pizza, the Tower Corn Soup, and also the foie gras dish which is called Foie Gras Volume 3. The pizza was truly mind-boggling, after reading from the food bloggers world out there trying this out, everyone loved it, and so did us. Using a candy floss machine to produce this dish, one just couldn't describe how it tasted. You just have to taste it for yourself. My baby loved this so much, and just can't wait to have it again (and we will!). This thing is so small and really flaky, it's just lovely to enjoy. If only we could just buy it for take-aways and eat it in the car.


With her corn soup

The other starter we had was the Tower Corn Soup. The dish came with a sort-of tower and as it was served to us, the waitress lifted the tower to reveal the soup. It was really interesting. From that on, we had one surprise after another. Another thing that La Fite is good at, is that it's such a fun experience to be there. The food is very unpredictable, in a good and delicious way!


Foie Gras Vol. 3

This was our first ever foie gras, I'm a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay and I've always wondered how it tasted of since Gordon seems to speak highly of it. Even with some hesitation (what with the cruelty to the animals, bla bla bla, hehehe, sorry baby ;D), we decided to order the foie gras dish. Without a shout of a doubt, the foie gras was delicious. It was served with apricot puree, hibiscus meringue, and also grapes. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. All the other ingredients complemented the dish beautifully, especially the hibiscus meringue, which had a very tangy flavour that was uncomparable with anything we've ever tasted. A wonderful dish. (Notice the cut in half savoury bun, since we were sharing, the chef cut it in half for us, how very thoughtful of him!)



We were given each a palette cleanser, which was an apple sorbet which was nice. They even put like a slice of apple in but it wasn't exactly an apple, hmmmm.



The princess of the night had the 58 Degrees Celsius Beef Short Ribs. Juicy, and so magnificently tender, what more could you ask for. (Sorry, picture a bit blurry, it was kinda dark)



For myself, I had the lamb shank. Which was done nicely, just the way I like it.

La Fite Choc Bar

Well, here comes the best part of the night. Earlier when we arrived, I approached one of the waiters there to do me a favour, so as to present something special to Hanan. And without much explanation, they made their arrangements and they surely did something special for us. With the message written, this is the one truly thing that I know in life, all I want to do is be with you, even with all the hardships we've been through, I just can't imagine a life without you. You are my everything sayang, I want you to be mine, for all eternity. Please be mine.




Next, we just had to try their Lemon Tree. It was presented to us on this beautiful slate of glass with a drawing of a tree with a huge lemon on it! And as we cut it open, inside was this delicious lemon mousse and some sort of raspberry filling. Delicious and just beautiful to look at. This is what I was trying to say, about the dishes being "fun".



To end this eventful night, they presented us with some complimentary chocolates (the gift wasn't). The box was for my beautiful sweetheart, just waiting for her to open it up.





Thank you baby, for a wonderful night. It'll always be in my heart and in my mind, all the time. And of course to La Fite, for making it a memorable night for us. Thank you so much! Let's do this again sayang, soon (or rather ASAP!). I love you babyku! Jom jom jom!!!



-S & H-

Lafite
Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-2074 3904

2 comments:

Paranoid Android said... / February 8, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Hello, lovelies! Did not know both of you are reading... Welcome back to the bogging world. And an extremely belated Happy New Year to both of you too. Good luck with the orthopods posting. I hope the smell of necrotic pre gangrenous diabetic ulcers and infected bed sores don't put you off foie... :p

CuriousCats said... / February 9, 2010 at 8:41 AM  

Thanks Parandroid! (sorry ya, kasi nickname baru, hehe). Happy belated new year's to you too my friend! I believe nothing can put me off foie! I would eat it off of a gangrenous big toe if it was served to me, lol! Sorry for that, should be more empathetic. How's the plans for CNY Parandroid? Got angpows to give away to us tak?

Post a Comment

Labels

Our Blog List